Sunday, May 20, 2007

Class Topic #4: Placing Ads on Google

When I first saw our professor place ads on google for his Barbaro event I thought it would never work. I thought people would click on it but realize it was not what they were looking for. Therefore he would be charged money but not see any return. It was to my surprise when I turned on the TV later that night and saw a commercial for the nightly news highlighting his event. I feel that this shows how internet advertising can be used for so many different businesses and even events. It is able to target the people you want for a marginal price. It would cost 600+ to advertise even in the school news paper, on Google you can hit your target market for just $20 a day.

4 comments:

Caitlin Winters said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caitlin Winters said...

$600 to advertise in The Review?! I like how you added that statistic because it really proves that advertising on Google is an extremely logical option. The feature I also enjoy about Google's advertising program is that it turns off the ad once it has received $20 worth of clicks for the day. You can actually calculate how many people are seeing your ad, and with the newspaper, you really have no concrete numbers. It could be a waste of $600...yikes.

Have a great summer,
Caitie

Porter's Blog said...

It can get even more expensive. Check out the rate sheet.

http://www.udreview.com/media/paper781/documents/q1nndi06.pdf

Porter's Blog said...

http://www.udreview.com/media/paper781/
documents/q1nndi06.pdf

maybe that will work