Thursday, May 10, 2007

Bloglines #1: Beyond Keyword Basics (Adwords)

In the Beyond Keyword Basics article on Adwords, the following was a tip for advertisers on sites such as google that use keywords to generate hits.
  • Filter for serious buyers: A seller of digital cameras may want to filter out research-oriented keywords such as: 'review,' 'rate,' 'rating,' 'compare,' 'comparing,' 'comparison,' and the pluralized versions of these words.
In my opinion a word such as review shows that this is a serious buyer. When I go to look for a product that I am going to purchase online, I want to know what others think of it. If a given product has reviews on its website from happy customers, I will feel more comfortable ordering online then if I only am able to view details of the product itself. I understand that the advice given by Adwords is from a professional, but as a consumer I would consider review as a "buyer keyword."

No comments: